Chrome taps and fittings
Important care information for your chrome taps and fittings.
- use any products containing hydrochloric acid, formic acid or acetic acid. These will damage the surfaces. The same applies to chlorine-bleach cleaning products.
- mix cleaning products.
- use any abrasive products or tools (scouring cream, scouring pads, microfibre cloths).
Cleaning products containing phosphoric acid are recommended only to a limited extent.
As a general rule:
- Never leave cleaning products to work for longer than necessary.
- Calcification can be prevented by regular cleaning.
- Use a soft cloth to wipe off drops of water after each use.
- Never spray cleaning solution directly onto taps or fittings. Spray it onto the cleaning cloth or sponge instead.
- Remove any remnants of toiletries such as shampoo, shower gel or liquid soap quickly to avoid any damage.