Gratin of oysters served with Chester, lemon jelly and toasted pumpernickel
1. For the lemon jelly, soak the gelatin in cold water. Bring 120ml lemon juice, peel and veal stock to the boil and season with salt and pepper.
2. Quickly stir in the agar agar with a whisk and let it boil up briefly. Squeeze the gelatin and stir it into the liquid. Line a small rectangular mould with cling film. Pour the lemon jelly into the mould and allow to cool.
3. Extract the oysters. Pour the oyster water through a fine sieve into a bowl and add the oysters. Thoroughly wash the curved oyster shells on the inside.
4. Scatter coarse sea salt onto a baking sheet and place the oyster shells onto the salt. Put one oyster into each shell. Divide the oyster water on the oyster shells. Cut the cheese slices in half. Cover the oysters with cheese and gratinate them under the hot oven grill for about 3 minutes.
5. Briefly fry the pumpernickel bread in a pan without fat. Remove the bread, let it cool slightly and cut into pieces.
6. Arrange the gratin of oysters on sea salt. Cut the lemon jelly into pieces and arrange with the pea sprouts and the pumpernickel bread.