“Cookery course with Olaf Baumeister” prize draw
Conditions of Participation
The organiser of the “Cookery course with Olaf Baumeister” prize draw is Villeroy & Boch AG, Saaruferstraße 1-3, 66693 Mettlach, Germany.
The competition starts on 11.01.2019 and ends at midnight on 17.03.2019 (CET).
§ 1 Participants
- This free prize draw is aimed at all persons 18 years of age or older residing in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, Italy, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Norway and Sweden. Each participant may enter the prize draw only once.
- Employees of Villeroy & Boch and their relatives are excluded from participating.
- To take part in the promotion, all personal data provided must be true. Otherwise, the participant may be excluded from the competition. The participant has sole responsibility for the accuracy of the information he or she provides.
- Participation itself is free of charge and independent of any purchase of goods or services.
- The collection or use of non-working time to participate in the competition and/or win a prize is the sole and exclusive responsibility of each participant.
§ 2 Implementation and management
- To take part in the draw, participants must register for the Villeroy & Boch newsletter and send the completed declaration of participation. By pressing the Send button, you indicate your acceptance of these Conditions of Participation and confirm that all the conditions for participation have been met.
- The winner will be drawn at random from all entries.
1st prize: a cookery course with the celebrity chef Olaf Baumeister for two people at Villa Wesco, including one night with breakfast in a double room in Hotel Seegarten in Sauerland, Germany.
The travel costs will be refunded up to 2 x €200 on production of proof (0.30 euro/km when travelling by car).
The voucher for the cookery course with Olaf Baumeister can be redeemed until 31.12.2019. You can find available dates at: www.villa-wesco.de/de/kochen-und-grillen/koch-und-grillkurse/kochkurse. Please inform us of your desired date so we can reserve the cookery course and the hotel for you.
- 11 Villeroy & Boch vouchers worth 100 €*
- 100 Villeroy & Boch vouchers worth 50 €*
* Redeemable in the Villeroy & Boch Online Shop or at all participating Houses of Villeroy & Boch and Villeroy & Boch Factory Outlets until 31/12/2019. Cannot be redeemed partially. Can only be redeemed in the respective country.
If the prize is a voucher, it will be issued in the participant's local currency at the current exchange rate at the end of the competition.
- The winners will be drawn at random from all entries no later than 30.04.2019 and notified by email. If the winner does not contact us within two weeks of the email notification being sent, he or she shall lose any claim to the prize and a new winner will be drawn at random and notified via email.
- Villeroy & Boch will take care of the organisation after the prize has been drawn in consultation with the winner as the travel date is flexible and the hotel reservation has to be booked.
- The responsibility for any tax claims arising from prizes won lies exclusively with the winners. Winners should seek independent tax advice before accepting a prize, where appropriate.The name and country of the winner will be available on request.
- Participants hereby agree that if they should win the prize draw, their name and place of residence will be published on the Villeroy & Boch website and on the Villeroy & Boch Facebook fan page.
§ 3 Exclusion of liability
- For damages arising other than through injury to life, body or health, Villeroy & Boch shall be liable only provided that they are the result of intentional or grossly negligent conduct or the result of culpable violation of a fundamental contractual obligation by Villeroy & Boch, its employees or its agents. This also applies to damages arising from the violation of obligations in contract negotiations and from the performance of unauthorised actions. Any further liability to compensation is excluded.
- Other than as a result of intentional or grossly negligent conduct, violation of a cardinal obligation or injury to life, body or health by Villeroy & Boch, its employees or agents, liability is limited to the typically foreseeable damages at the time of conclusion of the contract and, moreover, limited to the average amount of damages typical for the contract. This also applies to indirect damages, in particular loss of profits.
- The provisions of the Product Liability Act remain unaffected.
§ 4 Early termination of the prize draw
Villeroy & Boch reserves the right to cancel or end the prize draw at any time without warning and without any statement of reasons for having done so. Villeroy & Boch may exercise this right particularly in the event of technical or legal reasons that prevent proper completion of the prize draw, such as in the event of a hacker attack on the competition website. There is no right of appeal for participants in such cases.
§ 5 Data privacy statement for participation in the competition
- To take part in the competition, the participant is required to provide the personal data requested on registration.
- Villeroy & Boch will collect, process and use the data provided by the participant for the purpose of implementing the competition.
- Additional information on the subject of data privacy, in particular on the collection and use of your data when visiting our website, can also be found in Villeroy & Boch's general data privacy information at: http://villeroyboch.com/privacy.
§ 6 Final provisions
- Cash payment or a reward in lieu of a prize will not be possible.
- Prize claims are not transferable.
- The judges’ decisions are final.
- These Conditions are governed exclusively by the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany, the exclusion of the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG). Unaffected by this are mandatory provisions of the country in which the consumer has his or her habitual residence.