“Murder on the Orient Express” competition
Conditions of Participation
The organiser of the competition "Murder on the Orient Express" is
Villeroy & Boch AG
The competition starts on 09.11.2017 and ends at midnight on 22.12.2017 (CET).
§ 1 Participants
(1) This free prize draw is aimed at all persons 18 years of age or older residing in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Great Britain, Spain, Italy, Norway, Sweden and Finland. Each participant may enter the prize draw only once.
(2) Employees of Villeroy & Boch and their relatives are excluded from participating.
(3) To take part in the promotion, all personal data provided must be true. Otherwise, the participant may be excluded from the competition. The participant has sole responsibility for the accuracy of the information he or she provides.
(4) Participation itself is free of charge and independent of any purchase of goods or services.
(5) The collection or use of non-working time to participate in the competition and/or win a prize is the sole and exclusive responsibility of each participant.
§ 2 Implementation and management
(1) To take part in the draw, participants must answer the competition question correctly, register for the Villeroy & Boch newsletter and send the completed declaration of participation. By pressing the Send button, you indicate your acceptance of these Conditions of Participation and confirm that all the conditions for participation have been met.
(2) Winners will be drawn at random from all entries and can win one of the ten following prizes:
1st prize: A travel voucher from Ameropa worth €4,000
2nd prize: 27-piece coffee set for 6 people from the La Classica Contura collection
3rd prize: 24-piece glass set from the Bernadotte collection
4th to 10th prize: One trinket box each from the La Classica Contura collection.
(3) The winners will be drawn at random from all entries by 22.01.2018 and notified by email and will be requested to supply their postal address to enable the prize to be sent. If a winner does not supply the postal address within one week of the email notification being sent, he or she shall lose any claim to the prize and a new winner will be drawn at random and notified via email.
(4) Prizes will be delivered only within the countries listed in §1 paragraph 1.
(5) The prizes will be sent to the 10 winners by 22.02.2018
(6) The responsibility for any tax claims arising from prizes won lies exclusively with the winners.
a. Winners should seek independent tax advice before accepting a prize, where appropriate.The name and country of the winner will be available on request.
(7) The participant agrees, in the event of winning a prize, to his or her name and town or city of residence being published on the Villeroy&Boch website and on the Villeroy & Boch Facebook page.
§ 3 Exclusion of liability
(1) For damages arising other than through injury to life, body or health, Villeroy & Boch shall be liable only provided that they are the result of intentional or grossly negligent conduct, or the result of culpable violation of a fundamental contractual obligation by Villeroy & Boch, its employees or its agents. This also applies to damages arising from the violation of obligations in contract negotiations and from the performance of unauthorised actions. Any further liability to compensation is excluded.
(2) Other than as a result of intentional or grossly negligent conduct, violation of a cardinal obligation or injury to life, body or health by Villeroy & Boch, its employees or agents, liability is limited to the typically foreseeable damages at the time of conclusion of the contract and, moreover, limited to the average amount of damages typical for the contract. This also applies to indirect damages, in particular loss of profits.
(3) The provisions of the Product Liability Act remain unaffected.
§ 4 Early termination of the prize draw
Villeroy & Boch reserves the right to cancel or end the prize draw at any time without warning and without any statement of reasons for having done so. Villeroy & Boch may exercise this right particularly in the event of technical or legal reasons that prevent proper completion of the prize draw, such as in the event of a hacker attack on the contest website. There is no right of appeal for participants in such cases.
§ 5 Data privacy statement for participation in the competition
(1) To take part in the competition, the participant is required to provide the personal data requested during the registration step.
(2) Villeroy & Boch will collect, process and use the data provided by the participant for the purpose of implementing the competition.
(3) Additional information on the subject of data privacy, in particular on the collection and use of your data when visiting our website, can also be found in Villeroy & Boch's general data privacy information at: www.villeroy-boch.de/datenschutz.html
§ 6 Final provisions
(1) Cash payment or a reward in lieu of a prize will not be possible.
(2) Prize claims are not transferable.
(3) The judges’ decisions are final.
(4) These Conditions are governed exclusively by the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany, the exclusion of the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG). Unaffected by this are mandatory provisions of the country in which the consumer has his or her habitual residence.
< Back to competition